Managers & Coaches
Cycle Strength Community
Studio general manager
- Hometown: Denton, Texas
- When I’m not working, you can find me watching: Friends or Criminal Minds
- Favorite song to jam out to: Anything that has to do with Post Malone
- Favorite quote / saying / mantra: Never Settle for Good Enough
- Guilty pleasure: Chocolate
- My “why” behind being a coach: I love being able to put a smile on peoples faces when they walk through the door!
Fun Fact: I love spending time with my family, especially my nieces and nephews. I love playing and also coaching soccer.
- Hometown: Denton, TX, baby!
- When I’m not working, you can find me: watching tv shows/movies or spending time with my family
- Fav song to jam out to: any early 200’s hip hop or The Weeknd (duhhh)
- Favorite quote/saying/mantra: “Remember you’re the one who can fill the world with sunshine” -Snow White
- Guilty pleasure: binge-watching shows I’m really into
- My why behind being a part of the DSCo crew: I love seeing the smiles on everyone’s faces while they are here at DSCo. Hearing positive feedback from our members makes it all worth it!
- Fun Facts: I am learning photography and all things social media. Mama to a two-year-old. Also a plant mama
Indoor Cycle Coach
- Hometown: Corinth, Texas
- When I’m not coaching, you can find me watching: The Nanny or Golden Girls
- Favorite song to jam out to: “Move your feet” by Junior Senior
- Favorite quote / saying / mantra: “Go the extra mile”
- Guilty pleasure: Going to bed before 9pm / eating a whole bag of white cheddar popcorn in one sitting.
- My “why” behind being a coach: I want to be a coach because I want to be a part of people’s lives and be a part of a supportive community. I thrive on growing relationships. I’m the type of person that once I meet you, I will automatically want the best for you.
Fun Fact: I am a current UNT student and an Alumnus of NCTC. In my free time I enjoy hanging out with friends and family. I love being the ‘crazy’ Aunt in the family. I will sing along to any song, even if I don’t know the lyrics.
Michael “Moxy” Brown
Michael "Moxy" Brown
Michael "Moxy" Brown
Michael "Moxy" Brown
- Hometown: Dallas, TX
- When I’m not coaching, you can find me watching: Schitt’s Creek, over and over
- Fav song to jam out to: Anything by Big Freedia
- Favorite quote / saying / mantra: You’re never too busy for a dance break
- Guilty pleasure: Chips and queso are my kryptonite
- My “why” behind being a coach: No matter what I’m training or pushing for, yoga is my constant, always bringing me back to the present and grounding me. I became a teacher to both deepen my own practice as well as share its magic with others.
Fun Facts: Because I can never sit still, I enjoy roller derby, the occasional triathlon, and caring for my crazy amount of plants when I’m not planning my wedding or launching my design business. I live with my fiancé, his 2 kids every-other weekend and our silly terrier mix Maxxine. I love LSU football, tattoos, my very awesome modern family, and any dessert that comes with sprinkles.
JJ & Sara
Guest indoor Cycle Coach
Julio “JJ” Montalvo
- Hometown: Weslaco, Tx
- When I’m not coaching, you can find me watching: Literally any movie in the MCU
- Fav song to jam out to: “Itty Bitty Piggy” by Nicki Minaj
- Favorite quote / saying / mantra: The universe, in all it’s glory, has an intricately beautiful way of sewing the perfect path with the perfect people, places and pieces intended just for you. So give all of yourself, the true unfiltered version, all of the time and you’ll end up where you were meant to be. Life is too short to fight the grand design…and for the love of God when the waiter asks if you want a margarita with your tacos, the answer is always YES!
- Guilty pleasure: powdered donuts
- My “why” behind being a coach: I have two passions. People and music. Being able to help people in any way that I can brings me so much fulfillment and the fact that I can use music in my classes to aid with that is just the best of both worlds.
Fun Fact: I went to school for music, love Crossfit and can eat pizza every day of my life.
JJ & Sara
- Hometown: Albuquerque, NM
- When I’m not coaching, you can find me watching: reading a book or eating!
- Fav song to jam out to: Any upbeat Taylor Swift
- Favorite quote / saying / mantra: “Whether you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.” —Henry Ford
- Guilty pleasure: Watching old episodes of Project Runway
- My “why” behind being a coach: I love helping people transform their mindset and their lives and show them that they can absolutely achieve whatever they want!
Fun Fact: I LOVE working out, drinking coffee, meeting new people, and personal development!
Strength & Hybrid Coach
- Hometown: Irving, TX → Los Angeles, CA 15 years → Dallas, TX
- When I’m not coaching, you can find me watching: Billionaires or geeking out on some Sci-Fi show
- Fav song to jam out to: “You Can Cry” by Marshmellow, Juicy J & James Arthur
- Favorite quote / saying / mantra: “If it doesn’t challenge you, it won’t change you. Spiritually, mentally and physically. It all starts with mindset.”
- Guilty pleasure: Macarons
- My “why” behind being a coach: I have a STRONG passion for health, fitness, nutrition and overall well being. I want to inspire, motivate, uplift, and encourage people to achieve their fitness goals and improve their lifestyle.
- Anything you want to include as far as hobbies, fam, pets, etc. Home-trained Food Network Chef & Foodie. Music is my first love. Played Division One College Basketball.
indoor Cycle Coach
Owner | Cycle Coach
- Hometown: Denton, TX
- When I’m not coaching, you can find me watching: SVU or a Mavs game
- Fav song to jam out to: “Doses and Mimosas” by Cherub
- Favorite quote / saying / mantra: Don’t ever let life pass you by (Incubus)
- Guilty pleasure: gyro meat (and I’m a vegetarian)
- My “why” behind being a coach: I love bringing people together through fitness and music
Fun fact: I have 2 long haired weenies named Parker and Allen and a tiny human named Zane. I used to breakdance on roller skates and I played roller derby for 10 years.
Strength Coach and 940 Crew
- Hometown: I have lived many places as a kid, but mainly Corpus Christi and San Antonio, Texas
- When I am not coaching, you can find me watching: Reality TV
- Fav song to jam out to: “Bidi Bidi Bom Bom” by Selena
- Favorite quote / saying / mantra: “If you have a dream, don’t let anybody take it away”
- Guilty pleasure: Dairy Queen Blizzards
- My “why” behind being a coach: Helping others realize how amazing and strong they really are!
Fun Facts: I have a pit bull named Khaleesi that loves belly rubs and naps. I compete in and coach CrossFit
- Hometown: I’m originally from Denton, but I have long been an L.A. girl at heart
- When I’m not coaching, you can find me watching: I don’t watch much TV, but if I do it’s usually an artistic competition show like Blown Away (glass blowing), Ink Masters, or Great British Baking show!
- Fav song to jam out to: I’m a big music person so that’s hard to say, but Dance/Electronica is my overall favorite genre
- Favorite quote / saying / mantra: “Each little life is big to the one living it.”
- Guilty pleasure: Daiya vegan Mac & cheese – I’ll eat the whole box in one sitting
- My “why” behind being a coach: Stress is too prevalent in today’s world, so anything I can do in order to help someone gain the skills to take care of their health, I’ll do!
Fun Facts: My main hobbies include seeing live music, cooking, gardening, and of course working out and yoga!
Strength and Hybrid Coach
- Hometown: Beaumont, TX
- When I’m not coaching, you can find me: lifting, making music, or going on an adventure with my amazing friends
- Fav song to jam out to: “New Millennium Homes” by Rage Against the Machine
- Favorite quote / saying / mantra: Just Start Somewhere. Take everything else out.
- Guilty pleasure: French fries
- My “why” behind being a coach: I love making fitness less intimidating for people. Moving and exercising our bodies is something everyone should be able to enjoy, so I’m passionate about equipping people to do that.
- Being a dad to the best little 5 year old girl in the world
- Weightlifting and hiking
- Riding my motorcycle
- Video games
- Playing music